In an effort to actually get through some of my reading, I’m going to try what aspiring marathoners are supposed to do: tell people. The idea is that if you tell people you’re going to run a marathon, you’ll feel accountable to those people–“Hey, how’s that marathon training going?” Or something like that. Maybe it’ll work for me; I also hope that I’ll get some feedback on what other people think of what I’m reading. So: today’s list.
- Brad Delong’s review of James Scott’s Seeing Like a State
- From Crooked Timber, Henry’s thoughts on Scott’s book
- The Nation‘s 7 April 2008 issue on the New Deal
- Spencer Ackerman’s TAP article on “The Obama Doctrine”
- Thomas Edsall’s 1991 Atlantic Monthly article “Race”